When are “REPORTERS” going to learn about that, which they report on??
Today is the date for another propaganda piece report from the Bureau of Labor “Statistics”, and I just can’t stand it sometimes. Today we get the piece as distributed by REUTERS, a supposed intelligent reporting agency, through CNBC, a BUSINESS reporting company!!! It is hard for me to believe that these people are COMPLETE MORONS, but my only other option is that they are doing this on purpose which makes them a part of the government propaganda machine. There are NO other options. AND, this is where most people get their information. SO SAD.
What is the problem you ask? Here is the lead paragraph:
“The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly rose last week, while a separate reading on U.S. manufacturing activity showed a slight improvement in August.”
Unexpectedly?? Seriously?? Where do these people live?? What are they looking at?? Where do they get their information?? Do they not look around?? Have they tried to get a job recently?? I have!!
Let me just provide a short list to the impediments to hiring ANYONE, if you are a business or thinking of starting a business:
1. The tax cliff that, as of now, is coming in 4 short months. At this point NO ONE, including the President, the possible new President, the Congress nor the Senate KNOWS how this WILL BE resolved. NO ONE!! People have ideas. But which ones will be attempted, is a guess, at this point.
2. A presidential election, that will decide, maybe, how the tax cliff will be dealt with. I say maybe, because even after the election, it may NOT be dealt with until after the fact.
3. ALL of the forms, fees, permits, requirements, regulations that are required to do ANYTHING.
4. The issues in Europe. (They WILL affect the USA, whether you want to believe it or not)
5. The issues in the Middle East. (Ditto)
6. Inflation, just because the “government propaganda machine” says there is no inflation, does not make it so. The price of the things that Americans use every day (gas, food, housing, repairs, etc.) are going UP. In most cases, much faster than the “government” says! I fear that the Drought of 2012 is going to accelerate these increases.
7. No one is buying ANYTHING EXTRA. America is in a just hang on mindset right now.
I could go on. But, you should get the picture. I understand that there are always unknowns when starting a business, or hiring someone new, but IMHO, todays unknowns ONLY have NEGATIVES associated with them. In other words, when the problem is solved, things are still going to be BAD or things are going to be WORSE. Until people are confident that things could be getting better, they will not BUY ANYTHING EXTRA.
Then I get to a point in the article that gives me hope that they might tell the truth, IF they would only INVESTIGATE the FACTS:
“A total of 5.59 million Americans were receiving unemployment benefits under all programs in the week ended Aug. 4, down 109,812 from the prior week.”
WHY is it “DOWN 109,812 from the prior week”?? Is it because they were hired?? Unfortunately the answer to that question is NO!!! In the last year the government “statisticians” have removed 1.3 MILLION people from the total!! With 109,812 in the last week alone. These people have reached the end of their unemployment benefits, so they are no longer counted. This has ARTIFICIALLY PUSHED THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE LOWER!! The actual unemployment rate is above 10%. The number of people being removed from the count is ACCELERATING.
Now I want to highlight what I said last December:
“Now for some cynicism. I keep hearing the Democrats argue that they “want” an extension of the “extended unemployment benefits” and saying that the Republicans are fighting to let them expire unless we can “tax the rich more”. Here is my view of the situation. The Republicans are in a no-win situation, because the Democrats are going to let them expire, no matter what the Republicans offer. Here is why. IF the benefits expire, then everyone that is unemployed for more 9 months (I believe this is what the law will revert to, if I am incorrect please leave a comment), instead of the current temporary 99 weeks (which is just short of 2 years) will NO LONGER BE COUNTED IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. IF this happens, the Unemployment Rate will have a sudden drop from the current 9+% rate. This will make the numbers “look” like they improved, so President Obama can claim to be improving the economy. He will get on TV everyday and say that he brought the unemployment rate down from 9+% (it was over 9% thanks to President Bush and the Republicans) to x%, and that is why he ”deserves” to remain President. It would have come down sooner except the Republicans in Congress stopped him from helping out sooner.”
The question is: Will the “unemployment rate” dip below 8%?? If it does, this is ALL you will see on any television.